Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

THE UGANDA I WANT FROM YOU.


From you, I want today, I want to run in your streets and not fall in a pot hole.
To express myself and not turn into a pink clown,
I want to bank my money in your bank and be sure it won’t close the next few months,
I want to take a stroll a long your pavements and not fall in open manholes,
To drive across your city and not be stopped by poorly fed malnourished policemen looking forward to getting some bribe.
I want to stand and speak and know I won’t be judged because of my tribe or religion.
I want to fight to see Rule of law in you, and not be called a terrorist or a potential threat.
I don’t want to be labeled a threat by you just because I don’t support your view.
I want to walk in freely from one end to another, and not be arrested for being idle and disorderly.
I want to join your political parties and speak for the voiceless, and not be trailed by your intelligence officials,
To shake hands with the opposition officials and not be forced out of the party,
I want to speak my views and not be persecuted in the names of prosecution,
I want you to be where the youths are not used as human shield for selfish political gains,
I want you to be where the youths are not defined by the party they support. 
I want where the youths are not used as child soldiers to fight wars they don’t know.
I want you to teach the youths the values of development and not political party ideologies.
I want you to allow the youths to speak freely and not be though to be in opposition,
A Uganda, where we shall all be given equal opportunities, not based on our tribes or political associations,
A Uganda, where my tribe is not a matter for discussion, but developmental issues,
I want to be prosecuted for the wrongs committed and not be driven as tribal persecution,
I want you to be lenient to all who disagree with your views, and look further into their ideologies.
I want to be loved not for what I am but for who I am,
I want to, stand and not be made afraid of being chased away from the country politically,
I want to shout out for my rights and not get scared of you, or your armory.
This is the Uganda I want from you.

Ronald Ochoo,
f: Ronnie Ross Onyang  O
T : @Ronnie_Ross_O
Commonwealth Youth Programme,
 Correspondent from Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment